Back To ProjectsNarrogin, Western Australia
Water and Carbon Group were engaged by Water Corporation to design, construct and maintain a low energy waste water treatment solution to meet the increasing environmental constraints for the existing WWTP.
Narrogin WWTP project consists of design and construction of an upgraded WWTP that supplies a wetland for final treatment prior to discharge to the environment. The upgraded WWTP required demolition and construction of a number of key structures while maintaining full operational functionality of the plant. The following items were undertaken during the works:
- Demolition of existing concrete trickling filters and filter media, including disposal to a suitable waste facility
- Construction of a new 12m diameter trickle filter tank constructed using concrete foundations/slab and column and prefabricated steel tank walls
- Pipework & maintenance shaft installation throughout the existing WWTP including custom MSCL, Stainless Steel and various PVC pipework.
- Trickle filter media installation using a propriety plastic media (Brentwood plastic media)
- M&E upgrade including and existing pump station refurbishment and fitout and flow meter installation.
CPM provided a Site Manager/Construction Engineer to manage and lead the construction of the project. This role was the sole representative in Western Australia for the majority of the project and required working autonomously and developing the required relationships with key subcontractors and the Client.
Jan 2015 to Feb 2016
Water and Carbon Group