Back To ProjectsMoreton Bay, Queensland
MBR project will deliver a 12.6 km dual track passenger line from Petrie to Kippa-Ring. This project is recognised as a “region building” initiative.
DTMR is responsible for the delivery of the project via a collaborative D&C contract with Thiess, which includes approximately 12.6km of dual track rail, and associated rail and road infrastructure, connecting Petrie and Kippa-Ring. Six new stations and 21 bridge structures will be constructed with additional drainage and major culvert crossings.
MBRC works include:
- Civil and structures – detailed design and construction of earthworks, road bridges and structures, drainage works, retaining walls, noise barriers, and construction of embankment.
- Landscaping, lighting and connection to the local road network.
MBRC will take ownership of the following infrastructure following handover:
- Gympie Road Bridge
- Yebri Creek Shared Path Bridge
- Cecily St Bridge
- Bruce Highway Shared Path Bridge
- Freshwater Creek Shared Path Bridge
- Freshwater Creek Road Bridge
- Mango Hill Blvd Bridge
- Capestone Blvd Road Bridge
- Saltwater Creek Shared Path Bridge
- Rothwell Road Bridge
- Local roads, and Major Drainage culverts.
Jan 2013 to Sept 2016
Moreton Bay Regional Council