Back To ProjectsGold Coast, Queensland
Seqwater is a government owned entity responsible for owning, managing and operating the dams and water treatment plant component of south east Queensland’s water supply infrastructure.
Recent landslips due to ongoing inclement weather over the past year resulted in the need to provide an alternative safe access to the dam wall for operational personal at Little Nerang Dam. A solution was required within a short duration.
CPM provided the project management resources which developed an innovative solution to install a light weight pedestrian bridge across the spillway to allow access from the other side of the dam wall. Due to the remote nature of the project and lack of a suitable access track the bridge was installed using a heavy lift helicopter.
The Project Manager guided the project in several key areas including:
- Attendance during the assessment of the landslip cutting the existing access to site and initial remediation works;
- Guiding initial project direction to ensure best outcome for the client in the long term;
- Concept development and stakeholder liaison;
- Constructability assessments to minimise risks to Seqwater while maximising value for money, while delivering on time;
- Identification of aerial lifting concept / helicopter for construction;
- Guiding engineering consultants through the preliminary design and early constructability reviews;
- Providing guidance to the engineering consultant during detailed design on helicopter construction and design alterations to improve constructability;
- Construction management;
- Ensuring the project was delivered on time and budget in accordance with Seqwater values and goals.
May 2013 to July 2013
Queensland Bulk Water Supply Authority (QBWSA) Trading as Seqwater.